Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Saturday, December 24, 2022

Christmas Eve

 Last week I was visited by one of my sons, as his family drove from their home in OH to a beach place to visit in FL (seeing friends and relatives along the way.) Many of his family live nearby in FL.

It was a lovely couple of hours.

One of my lovely new scarves...this one a shawl! It has a matching hat with a tassell...is that spelled right?
My son was explaining what Doonsbury cartoons, editorializing news events, printed in newspapers were, as a four picture series on Twitter...or something like that. I'm so glad he liked this used book from 1975, which the girls asked him to explain some of the events. It should be an interesting history lesson!


One granddaughter was particularly pleased with a new wallet. Who knew, when I chose what to give these lovely lasses, whether they would like these Indian made gifts.

Another granddaughter immediately said, these are the colors in my room...so I see a wall hanging in its future.

This was the very first package opened, and that smile, the anticipation, that was what this holiday of giving is all about.

Michelle liked her Alpaca scarf which I gave her.

Then we went to lunch. Oh that will have to be another post...not like fellow blogger, Dave who puts the food right in along with the visit! I want to stretch this short visit out, to enhance my enjoyment in retrospect.

It's been several years since I have been able to be with any family for Christmas sharing. One son lives 800 or so miles away. And the other is about 500 miles away, with their families. And the ones living in the Tampa/St. Pete area are all adults with their own busy lives...it's hard to get them all together at one place and time.  I miss seeing each of those adult grandchildren, my son and his wife and her sister, and his ex-wife and her mother who are good friends! I sent some presents along with the family frrom OH to share with them.

Today's quote:

I do not want art for a few, any more than education for a few, or freedom for a few. -William Morris, poet and novelist (24 Mar 1834-1896)

15 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful family! Merry Christmas to you and your family. I wish you peace, joy and all the best in 2023.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had such a lovely and loving gathering there with your son and family. Love the photos. And you look great modeling that scarf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes my silly side can come out...especially with these granddaughters!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful family! So nice you got to have a visit with them. Merry Christmas, Barb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm glad we got together to share presents. It's a special thing for me, and I've missed it so much.

      Delete
  4. I see you’re getting things straight and not too tilted. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely to have a visit just now! The shawl is beautiful! Wishing you all the joys of the season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving that shawl with this cold weather! Have a very lovely Christmas tomorrow.

      Delete
  6. What a wonderful visit to have on these special days. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was definitely one I'll remember for a long time.

      Delete
  7. Family visits are the best thing ever.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.