Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Thursday, December 8, 2022

My version of Holly Jolly

 

I was greeted as I came through the door "Hi Barbara Rogers!" One of my old friends thus introduced me to everyone else. I'd spent 12 years as a member of the Community Clay Studio there, so I did know a lot of people!


Loved these outside decorations. I didn't go through all the shops which stayed open late, offering free drinks and cookies in lots of them. I had had a full day and was running out of steam.


A favorite flower which keeps showing up everywhere!



Friend, Fred Feldman made the "don't sit on me chair." He has worked in wood for many years, after retiring as a ceramics teacher...and now makes some clay things still.

There were many beautiful pottery objects for sale in the downstairs auditorium. And then the upstairs gallery had a great show of student's work. I'll feature that over on Alchemy of Clay for the next few days.

Today's quote: 

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, 
while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
—Lao Tzu


9 comments:

  1. Ah, these things that be=ring holiday cheer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one strange chair. Jolly good time you had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, a wee bit of English roots coming thrrough your speech! It's just for looks, like most art.

      Delete
  3. That is such an interesting chair. Sounds like you had a lovely time out and about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was too much for me, and I spent the next two days recuperating. I have to pace myself these days!!

      Delete
  4. All of our communities and crafters are celebrating!

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.