Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Monday, December 26, 2022

And a light feast as we continued to catch up

 




Chicken Carbonara after an appetizer of hot artichoke dip with pita chips

The remains of the artichoke cip. Linguini pasta, side salads of Caesar...

This was my Pizza, Rosa, which had mushrooms and roasted garlics...really delicious!

I don't remember what this pasta dish was, with side salad.

Well I had wood fired pizza, and a Caesar salad. And my son also had a pizza with arugula all over it. Talk about salad on the pizza! Everyone had really good appetites! (I confess, I split the Rosa pizza with my granddaughter!)

And I guess I focused more on our conversation than the food. (Sorry Dave.)

This was at Fresh Wood Fired Pizza. In Black Mountain NC. Their menu is at their site on line. That's the way we choose restaurants these days!


Today's quote:

"Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness." - Desmond Tutu 

12 comments:

  1. ...this looks like a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun, but too short a visit, as they soon left.

      Delete
  2. I got a little lost over the hols. Was this Christmas Eve or Day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something like that...I'm still too confused to figure it out meself!

      Delete
  3. Looks like a lovely holiday dinner with family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meeting with this family which is very active in college, high school, political candidates, sports, and then family family family...it's always great!

      Delete
  4. Good food and family time, the best ingredients for a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks yummy! It sounds like you had a good visit. We have so many leftovers but my tummy is rebelling so I can only look at it all longingly. My husband has no such trouble!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have very little appetite today...and it's almost a week later!!

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.