Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Thursday, March 14, 2024

Capturing early Magnolia blossoms

March 14 is...

National Pi Day, 

Potato Chip Day









As you can see I tried different editing (in Microsoft photos) to brighten up the little blossoms. Thus the sky color changes all over the place. A grey day with a lot of grey in the tree, but promises of spring to come!


And some days we do have sunshine. This is the parking lot at Ingles Grocery in Black Mountain. No editing of the photo from my iphone. 

Sharing with Skywatch Friday.


Today's quote:
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. -Leo Buscaglia, author, speaker and professor (1924-1998)


Today is

 National Girl Scout Day, 

Working Moms Day, 

Plant a Flower Day

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I have one more piece of key lime pie, and am thinking, why wait, I can have something else later if I wish...if I wish to balloon into a big circumference to show the pies!

      Delete
  2. Pretty blossoms and tree! The sky/mountain view is beautiful. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep trying to get better photos, so these really are lame. Sorry about that!

      Delete
  3. Not lame pictures at all ... They are all quite beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm ... pi(e), chips and blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the stonework, and the mountains are beautiful, of course,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful flower buds, and I hope to see more. Lovely sky in the last photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trees are beginning to blossom around here too - much to the delight of many, but also much to the woe of others. I have no problem, but my husband just wrote on the list of items I need to buy: "Kleenex". (sniffle, sniffle, sneeze) Lovely pictures though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. Spring is always full of colour and promise.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You got some great pictures of the blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
  10. From Scotsue - We are very familiar with grey days here in Scotland! Please satisfy my curiosity - what is Pi Day?

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.