Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Friday, March 15, 2024

Getting there is half the fun

March 15 is the Ides of March...beware if you're named Caesar.

I owe Caesar for two surgical procedures in his name (which I highly doubt that he had knowledge of, but perhaps) which gave me two healthy babies. The first one was done the regular way of lots of my screaming, er labor.



My auto repair place has this car on display (possibly for sale).

A way to be cheerful when walking in the rain...(as I will in Asheville with friends today!)

National Aeronautics and Space Administration’s Super Guppy arrived in Alabama on Nov. 6, 2023, carrying the heat shield that protected Orion’s crew module during its flight on Artemis I.

Daniel Boone Wagon Train, July 1965, Wilkesboro NC.


Somebody used the reverse setting and had no idea how to back up! Ooops.



Thanks Tom! The Blueridge Roadrunner is the name of my car (not red, not fast, but can go over mountains just fine!)



Sharing with Sepia Saturday today. Finding new information from those who post about various topics...this month supposedly about 'Going to Work.' Mmm, I think I missed it this week (again.)




Today's quote:

It’s precisely the people who are considered the least “likely” leaders who end up inspiring others the most. Everyday people and everyday acts of courage eventually change everything.

AI-JEN POO

8 comments:

  1. ...it's hard to outrun a Roadrunner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great collection of photos. The Roadrunner is a favorite. I love your header image too. Take care, enjoy your day and your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Eileen, I hope you have a great Friday. Looking forward to the weekend!

      Delete
  3. As much as I admire old cars, and for that matter old covered wagons, I would not want to depend on them to get me to the store, the bank, and the post office in a reasonable good time. Recently I marveled at how dependable my little Honda had become. It's pretty cheap to feed and it doesn't complain too much about the mountain roads. And it doesn't leak oil. Yet :–}

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.