Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Friday, March 8, 2024

Two sets of buildings next to each other

 March 8: International Women's Day



From the Monte Vista Hotel, you see these two sedate buildings, with similar finishes.


But go around the other side of them, and there are interesting fences and siding on balconies, with windows looking west toward the view down the hill.


The next building down that hill (on West State St. in Black Mountain NC) is now a boutique hotel called Peri. It used to be an event location, with pretty red brick walls, called the White Rabbit. But it was empty for years, and the new owners painted everything black! 

There were many construction crew members who did the work on both these sets of buildings, and I don't think they are finished in Peri yet.

The building was for sale for quite a long while, here seen in its former colors.


Today's quote:

Gratitude situates one well to know what can be and must be done to challenge inequity. It situates one to see opportunity where others see despair.

LUCAS JOHNSON


Last year my blog shared about Women in History...also on my other blog When I Was 69...31 different women featured throughout the month of March.

7 comments:

  1. They are beautiful buildings, I like that fence! Take care, have a great day and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming over to read my blog, Eileen!

      Delete
  2. ...I like the new color best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't. My choice would have been to go white. Or yellow.

      Delete
  3. Black buildings seem to be popular these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are lovely! I wish I liked to travel...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to celebrate Intl Womens Day. I had noted that it was coming, but when it got here, my mind was elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.