Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Friday, March 29, 2024

Going some new places (to me) in Black Mountain

 


As we sat munching delicious Reuben sandwiches, this overview of the Black Mountain Golf Course was on the wall above us. 

I'd been invited to try the Green Tea Room, the restaurant at the golf course.  Nice sandwiches, but too windy that day to sit on the terrace.

We drove down Old 70, and took a turn into Givens Highland Farms. This is one entrance, and we found quite a lot of construction going on. More places for seniors to live. I'm surprised they don't have a traffic light yet...but maybe there aren't that many who drive.





The back of the Monte Vista Hotel, showing the new wing that's been built.





The Black Mountain Library waiting for the dogwoods to bloom still.

These are just the first shots of cherry trees. A lot of them are very pale this year. I remember much brighter pink blossoms. Is this a trend?

I'll keep looking...

And remember these were taken the Saturday before a freeze on Mon. night.

Today is:
Good Friday
Mom and Pop businesses day

Sharing with Skywatch Friday

Today's quote:

A teacher comes, they say, when you are ready. And if you ignore its presence, it will speak to you more loudly. But you have to be quiet to hear.

ROBIN WALL KIMMERER

18 comments:

  1. ...it's good to get out and about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did such again today, with a homebound friend also.

      Delete
  2. A nice outing the trees along the road look beautiful. Take care, enjoy your day and have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'll be seeing you with a critter or two tomorrow. Glad you enjoyed our jaunt today!

      Delete
  3. It's a good time of year to explore new roads, especially when you can come back home afterward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is definitely joy in coming home. And exploration is in my blood. A sunny day and a tank of gas in the car are all it takes, but when as friend has been housebound for weeks, that really gives me the final nudge.

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed the tour you took us on. I think we are a little ahead of you on spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, to know you have some blooms and blossoms earlier!

      Delete
  5. Nice little tour. I like that quote too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool shots! I noticed that up here in the far north...the cherry blossoms are also whiter than in the past. Ours are blooming earlier as well.
    I wonder how long it will be before golf courses are overtaken by nature- soon, I hope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been strange, some cherry trees have the pink and some don't.

      Delete
  7. Nice to see new places. I love your beautiful blue skies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's wonderful that I can go driving around and catching sight of those great blue skies!

      Delete
  8. Beautiful day, beautiful scenery, beautiful sky.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.