Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Sunday, March 3, 2024

The BMCA Clay Studio

 



Don't strain your eyes, here's a bigger version below:


I didn't write it. That dangling last sentence isn't my fault.

.
Clay Club of Western North Carolina met in 2013 at our studio (that's John Britt talking, whose instrumental in Clay Club, but not a BMCA studio member.) 

I'll show more historic photos of the insides of the clay studio over on "Alchemy of Clay" blog HERE.




Today's quote:

“To me, poetry is somebody standing up, so to speak, and saying, with as little concealment as possible, what it is for him or her to be on earth at this moment.” 
By contemporary poet Galway Kinnell, He spent many years studying abroad through the 1960s before returning to the U.S. to join the Congress for Racial Equity, helping to register black voters in the segregated South.


Today is 
World Wildlife Day, 
National Anthem Day, 
National Mulled Wine Day, 
thanks to fellow blogistas Frog and Penguinn

9 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I love your Daffodil header! The Clay studio sign is pretty. Take care, enjoy your day and have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your Sunday is delightful, and you have fun and find lots of birds and critters this week, Eileen!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks...I hope to have joy and happiness, and wish the same back to you!

      Delete
  3. I love the quote from Galway Kinnell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It reminds me so much of some of my favorite poets!

      Delete
  4. Nice quote. I posted about the national day calendar today on Facebook. Great minds just humming in sync!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Humming in sync does just happen sometimes...and assuming us to be great minds is definitely worth a chuckle.

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.