Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Monday, March 18, 2024

More spring is sprung!

 Often first daffodils are cut back by a snow or severe frost.

Ours have been blooming consistently however. Maybe Mon. 3/18 will have a frost that night that may nip them down.



At Lakeview Senior Center



Wonderful bed of pale daffies in front of the Coach House this year.

An Asheville store had Amaryllis flowers in it's window, with a sign saying they were not for sale.



I think I would have liked to explore that store...but my friends wanted to go along. I'm with them.

Today's quote:

Make visible what, without you, might perhaps never have been seen.

ROBERT BRESSON


11 comments:

  1. I love all the daffodils and the Amaryllis looks beautiful. Take care, have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been seeing more posts of daffodils today! What fun!

      Delete
  2. ...when I was in business EVERYTHING was for sale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that's cause you were selling plants, right?

      Delete
  3. Daffodils are so hardy and resilient. I thought they could withstand anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may well be right. Time will tell. I've certainly seen snow fall on top of them, and the next day they were back.

      Delete
  4. We've snow falling on top of green shoots. I hear your worries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing the springtime daffodils blooming there. They're blooming here too in northern California. The beautiful signs of spring. (NewRobin13)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our Daffodils are just spikes coming out of the ground yet, and are currently surrounded by snow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have green spikes of leaves breaking through now and crocus blooming. Dan says tomorrow is first day of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, it’s supposed to go slightly below freezing tonight, but I think my daffodils can handle it. On the other hand, it’s been windy and we are under a fire weather watch.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.