Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Thursday, March 28, 2024

Cherry blossoms on Cherry St.

 I asked the old-timers of Black Mountain at lunch one day, are there cherry trees on Cherry St? It's one of the main streets downtown with lots of shops, restaurants, a tavern, and at least a new art gallery.

They didn't know.

So after lunch I drove over there, and since it's a one way street going uphill, I was lucky to go really slow, since for once there wasn't a lot of traffic. I turned right from Sutton into Cherry St.

Across from the Chifferobe on the other corner, is Sassafras on Sutton. Their upper entrance, to the right as I started up Cherry St. has a tiny courtyard with a blooming cherry tree!


So that is a good start.

Then on the left is Cherry St. Square, with a couple of sad trees that have been pruned. But that's a tiny old cherry tree at the corner of Bone-a-Fide, where pet treats are sold.


Then I turned right into a parking lot which would show what was behind many of the Cherry St. stores...because I knew Sarah Vekasi's pottery shop had a cherry tree behind it.


These early blooming trees on Sutton, next to the railroad tracks, may be a kind of pear, or cherry.


A different day to try to capture the blossoms and the flag.

Today is:  Respect Your Cat Day

Sharing with:

Thankful Thursday

Little Things Thursday


Today's quote:

We all have bad days and within these days is usually a gem of a gift waiting to be opened.



12 comments:

  1. The blooming trees are beautiful! Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure are, and then a rain comes along and poof, the beauty is past. A lesson of some kind here.

      Delete
  2. ...cherry trees can be like people, some age better than others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ornamental ones seem to have difficulties, at least the ones I've met.

      Delete
    2. ...yep, they don't age gracefully.

      Delete
  3. It's so lovely to see the spring time blooming cherry trees there. (NewRobin13)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying going around looking for specific kinds of things blooming all over the place. A new technique, uses more gas probably, but I'm really only covering maybe a 2 square mile area.

      Delete
  4. How pretty! My little cheery has not yet bloomed. Maybe next week. I would love to have a weeping cherry. Maybe one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer the cherry trees which actually provide cherries. One summer I happened to be in Utah and camped in a cherry orchard, and we picked until we had very red mouths, fingers and tongues...and had a few left over for breakfast.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful blooming trees! How I'd love a sweet cherry tree. We never got arounnd to planting one, alas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You captured some beautiful trees! Thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.