Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Sunday, June 11, 2023

A restaurant that probably is a chain

 It has nice seating where privacy is afforded. 

I neglected to take photos of our nice seafood lunches. We both had more than we could eat at one sitting, so it was great to have some boxes to take home. We did need a tutorial on how to use these little electronic pads that were at each table. 

The decor was somewhat tropical, I guess.


We could see these pretty "palm frond" fans slowly circuling vertically, to give the effect of having someone fanning you while you ate your tropical foods.

But Cheddars doesn't sound tropical to me. Nor was the menu.

It hasn't changed much since the one time I had gone way back before pandemic. Can we start saying BP for before pandemic? Or is there a better term? I'm sure pundits will spend precious hours when they could be convincing plastic manufacturers to switch to paper or glass, when they'll figure out the correct initials instead.

Today's quote:
The only Zen you find on the tops of mountains is the Zen you bring up there. 
-Robert M. Pirsig, author and philosopher (1928-2017)


16 comments:

  1. Nothing cheesy about Cheddars, and BP works for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going nuts I think. Thought I'd answered these comments this morning. But they are gone...and not in the spam folder. So I'll start over again. I wonder why the restaurant has that name, unless something is cheesy. I think BP is already in use by a petrochemical company.

      Delete
  2. I have been to Cheddars, they have a big menu with lots of choices. Take care, enjoy your day and have a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed our luncheon there. And the atmosphere they have created.

      Delete
  3. I forgot to mention I love your new header scene and photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I like it, but mainly because so many new places are blasting music and have echoes of everyone shouting to be heard. Not conducive to digestion in my mind...or stomach I guess.

      Delete
  5. I think I've seen that name before but never eaten at one. I always wonder about the restaurant decor and who had the fun of gathering the things for display. Cracker Barrel is always one to take a look at the old photos. Is there one near you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen a Cracker Barrel recently, but whenever I go along Interstate highways I do see them often.

      Delete
  6. I like your idea of BP. It sounds good to me. It is nice to feel somewhat freer these days without the looming fear of the pandemic everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a third (or fourth?) booster last month, and had to get a new card for it. I like that the fear has lessened definitely...as well as the number of deaths from it. Both the terms BP and AP are in common useage, so I figure someone will come up with better ones.

      Delete
  7. ...Cheddars is owned by Darden Restaurants, the mother of restaurant chains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to see which other ones are also owned by them. Thanks for the info!

      Delete
  8. I have never eaten at a Cheddars but I like the decor. Cracker Barrel actually has buyers who go out looking for stuff to use as decor. I have sold a few things to them in tbe past, from my booths.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not eaten at Cracker Barrel except when on interstate trips. Good to know their decor has people who really work on it!

      Delete
  9. Well, BC is already taken, but there could be another pandemic, so I don’t know.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.