Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Monday, June 12, 2023

Pottery going and coming

 I took my last remaining pots out of the two places in town where they'd been collecting dust, just waiting for me to remove them. Wrapped them loosely in bubble wrap in my little cart on wheels, and brought them home.

That was what was "going." It also makes a final statement about my life as a potter. Since 2012 I had made pots until 2020, but still had these out on shelves where they could be purchased. I had taken boxes and bins of pots every Satuday during summertimes for about 6-7 years to sell at the Tailgate Markets as a Mudbuddy. People ask me what I do to be creative these days. I guess I blog.

What's "coming" is another friend potter at the Tailgate Market...Amelia Packer.

I had shared a piece of her work (which I purchased) here.





She told me that the plants were not for sale!



I see this bowl with nice decorations on the inside! (where the one I bought had them on the outside!)



If you're lucky enough to be in Black Mountain on a Saturday morning, look for the MudBuddies Booth! Amelia shares the display with Cathy Babula and Bette Potter Jones.



It backs up on First Street (on far right side of map) just about where the "T" in First is!

Today's quote:

Gratitude places you in the energy field of plentitude. Glow with gratitude and see how awe and joy will make their home in you.

MICHAEL BERNARD BECKWITH

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful pottery, I see a few I would like to have. Take care, have a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amelia does make nice pottery, and sells it as fast as it goes to the market!

      Delete
  2. Yes, I guess using words is a creative activity although I have seldom thought of it this way. I withdrew my photos from displays some time ago. It was something to do for awhile, but that is it. In my case, it hasn’t helped that I haven’t had a functioning printer for several years now. They aren’t readily available any more — at least not the larger photo printers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taking thoughts to become a post here in blog-land is creative for lots of people. For others it's just a way to vent! Both serve their purposes of sharing with others and maybe getting feedback.

      Delete
  3. ...over the years we have collected pottery. Each piece tells a story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, I have a house-full of beautiful pottery by others, and lots by myself that didn't sell!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It is such fun to browse other people's pottery!

      Delete
  5. Really beautiful pottery there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As always I support craftswomen as much as I can!

      Delete
  6. What creative work! If you are willing to ship i would be interested in a piece of your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of this pottery I'm showing on this blog is Amelia's. I'll ask her if she ships.

      Delete
  7. I like her pottery especially the cups.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are neat aren't they? I bought one with the Black Mountain Tailgate Market on it...and some other things too.

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.