Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Saturday, June 24, 2023

Inspiring talk by brain scientist about her brain

This TED talk meant enough for me to post at some point on my blog in the past. It's really interesting to me, how a brain scientist had a stroke.

Jill Bolte Taylor: My stroke of insight.


I've enjoyed thinking again about how my right side of my brain has emotion/intuition/spacial processing. I think mostly on the left side, with writing on a computer, reading, sharing knowledge with others on blogs. It's good for me to try to have a balance of these two.

How about you?

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Me too, and yet I seldom am watching them these days. A habit I should break.

      Delete
  2. I saw this TED Talk at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the things I like about photo blogging is that it combines words and images. BTW, there is some disagreement about the sidedness theory. https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/right-brainleft-brain-right-2017082512222

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well written comentary talking about the extension from brain hemispheric function to personality traits, which the TED talk doesn't indicate at all. There are observations in it from her stroke which was left hemisphere related, where her language function was located. Anyway, I disagree with the idea of personality traits associated with the left/right brain. I get from this theory the functions of our brains are somewhat different on each side. So if I'm doing something using my left brain, that doesn't make me a left-brain person. Process is what I look at. And I'm just giving my opinion!

      Delete
  4. Right- brained here, most of the time, but I skip back and forth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is the use of each side of our brains for different things, which seems to work for most of us!

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.