Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Some of my home shots

 I spend most of my life here, so I wanted to share more of my good home base.

Early June, and my porch is a bit bare compared to other years. (mmm, was somebody sick again?)

A past view of the porch. But most of the older plants have been stricken by the fungus, which is why none have come over from the wintertime.

At the office/club house building, there are nice porches also. 


With some pretty planters as well.


I call the folks who sit here most days the rocking chair gang...not to their faces though. But wait, they said the same when organizing the hot dog pot luck for the Fourth of July.

There's a handy laundry facility

And each apartment's mail box.

We've been decorated since Memorial Day with more flags about.

Looking down the hill from the top parking lot, you can see the parallel buildings stacked along the hill.

And a clear view of the mountains on the other side of the valley. (Office building on left)

Today's quote:

We all have to do things in our life that we don't want to, and the easiest solution is to change our attitude.


11 comments:

  1. ...flowers sure can brighten our lives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do indeed. And when summer comes, there's no need to purchase a bouquet of cut flowers!

      Delete
  2. It is a good place to live. There's always a waiting list of applicants to get in. Seniors and those with disabilities only.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a nice spot. How long have you lived there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am surprised to find this is my 7th year here. I'm pretty settled too. Love the area, my friends are close by, and I find plenty to do.

      Delete
  4. Looks like such a lovely place to call home. Love all the flowers there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the flowers also. So for 6-8 months we have green grass and trees, and a flower or two.

      Delete
  5. Porches make life worth living! You certainly live in a nice place, Barb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It is well maintained, and the residents seem to care about their little porches. There are 2 buildings I didn't include which have 2-1/2 stories of apartments with a hallway entrance to each one, so they all have bigger balconies upon which to sit and enjoy these wonderful trees. I'm waiting for it to get below 80 degrees right now for opening my windows again. (4:15 pm)

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.