Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Sunday, June 25, 2023

Getting a mountain forest recharge

 Several days ago I got up, dressed and after breakfast drove to a creek I like to visit over in Montreat. There's a wonderful gate that welcomes you to their town (stone balastrade perhaps) as you drive under it. Then on the right is a parking lot, with a Memory Garden, and a sign designating trails. A lot of them!







I'm glad I took photos of these signs. It's interesting to try to figure out where some of these trails are along the mountain tops (where I don't intend to hike, thank you very much!)

I came to visit the waters of Flat Creek, and there had been 4 days of off and on rain, so I expected it to be high.

 Water seemed clear, so I guess mud will runoff into it further downslope.

Compared to these shots from the past...



Jan 7, 2019

Feb 24, 2023

I will share more of this quick little walkabout while I soaked up a bit of mountain forest energies.

Today's quote:
Love doesn't just sit there, like a stone, it has to be made, like bread; remade all the time, made new. 
-Ursula K. Le Guin, author (1929-2018)






12 comments:

  1. I love to be in the forest. It really does recharge one's batteries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep forgetting this, somehow, then when I realize it, experience it, I just am thrilled.

      Delete
  2. Hello,
    Beautiful place, I would be happy walking there. Love your header photo! Take care, have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Sunday Eileen, yes it would be a nice place for you to walk as well, but I admit to never seeing any wildlife there, even birds.

      Delete
  3. ...I feel recharged already, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you're patient enough for all the rest of my photos from this walk. I kind of like dividing them into several days.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It's one of those well cared for jewels that is nestled in the mountains. Montreat has different kinds for different ages...a great playground right on the creek for families to enjoy also.

      Delete
  5. Such a nice walk there, Barbara. Makes me want to head up into the redwood forests here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh to walk in a redwood forest, must be an unbelievable experience. Please do, and take a camera, to let us see what it's like.

      Delete
  6. A place to restore and rejuvenate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Barb. Sometimes I really feel the need to sit by a stream. And the quote, it's spot on. Good words.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.