Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Friday, June 2, 2023

Continuing the walk

 Lake Tomahawk had a chill wind coming off of it, but the sun was quite hot, so I walked most of the way carrying my over-shirt.

Some pretty white flowers were growing on the dam...perhaps Queen Annes Lace?

I enjoyed how the grass has grown tall on the top of the dam...less doggie leavings there for one. But I actually didn't see a single dog on my walk. Remember 3:30 in the afternoon for another time!

One view from my resting bench.

A slightly different view, which includes the little island.

As I resumed my walk, I looked down from the bridge to find these ducklings and mama mallard. Though many people had posted all kind of photos of goslings and ducklings last week, these were the first I encountered.

But across the creek leading into the lake, all these Canada Geese came wadling. They apparently nap until about  this time (3:30 ish) and then go for a dip.

And the finish of my walk will have to wait till tomorrow!
During the Memorial Day Weekend, Saturday was too cold and windy, and Sunday gave rain with the cold, so Monday was the next day for me to walk!

 I am devouring the latest Charles Frazier book, also some of the west, and FL too, The Trackers. During depression years. Just a heads up, in case a rainy day gives time for reading.

Sharing with Skywatch Friday.

Today's quote:
Waking up to the fact that something needs to change in our lives is the first step to realizing our dreams.

  

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful views of the lake, The ducklings are adorable and I love the geese too. Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'll actually have some more babies from the lake to share on your Critters tomorrow!

      Delete
  2. ...Lake Tomahawk looks mighty nice to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty, and peaceful at that time of day.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I dare say there are a hundred healthier people who walk there every day.

      Delete
  4. What a nice place for a walk! I haven't gotten to TRACKERS yet but know it will be good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished it...one that was hard to put down by halfway through! Surprising in how I was given some thoughtful things to ponder from it.

      Delete
  5. Such a beautiful place for a walk there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy it, and keep coming back! Geese, I've lived here now 16 years!

      Delete
  6. Thanks. This old bag is dragging around purty darn well, I must say so!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for taking us on your walk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post! Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.