Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Monday, June 19, 2023

Another Mexican Restaurant

 La Bamba used to have a line and they'd take orders how you wanted your tacos.

They've become more upscale, but very reasonable lunch prices still! Waitresses were very helpful and the food just right. We sat as far away from the speakers as possible. Which meant we were right by the front door and the hostess station. So when I mentioned to my friend that another Mexican restaurant had a salsa bar, the waitress came right over with 2 more kind of salsa for us. We were being listened to!

Unfortunately the menu included my dish to have a taco, but it wasn't brought. The waitress came back and tried the trick of holding her finger over the part where it said I got a taco with this dish. Then she said, oh, they haven't changed the menu yet. But within a few minutes I got a taco!

And they still have La Tienda...the grocery store!




There's a small bar, and the waitresses wanted us to come back and try their new special, "Margabeerita." Since it has beer in with some other things (it's red looking) I declined. I'll take regular Margaritas.

The spices were tempting, but we couldn't read the date to sell by.




This  is definitely the go-to place for Pinatas!


Today's quote:

"Television makes so much at its worst, that it can't afford to do its best." said the pioneering broadcast journalist Fred W. Friendly,


10 comments:

  1. Is it just me, or do they seem a little shady?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure...but the location of this restaurant is right next to one of my favorite coffee places...but they only do great scones, so we tried the Mexican food. Now I need to think about what you said...'cause I do tend to take places and people as they present themselves.

      Delete
  2. Hello,
    I love tacos and Mexican food. It seems they want to please and correct quickly any mistakes. Take care, have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the manager told the waitress they want us coming back.

      Delete
  3. I agree with Tom, their customer service is a little lacking, but with good food and good prices I think I could deal with that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lunch menu with prices in the 5.99 to 6.99 category...I haven't seen that anywhere in years!

      Delete
  4. Well it was friendly enough, and actually very accommodating, though a bit different than expected

    ReplyDelete
  5. They wanted you to be satisfied and become a return customer. I would go back just to see how they perform. Mexican food is one of my favourites all-time foods.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! And the tienda looks like a fun place to shop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Admittedly I am not one for Mexican food.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.