Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Thursday, June 15, 2023

Living almost in the country

 



On any of the 2 lane roads around Black Mountain, you're likely to see a farmer on his way down the road to do whatever. I actually had a chance to pass this one, and as I did I saw a back of another person leaning down toward the engine...while the farmer sat there steering. I thought immediately that there was something that made the tractor travel that the person bending over was doing.


Today's quote:



11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. As all farmers have done between barn and fields since the beginning of time!

      Delete
  2. Hello,
    I live in a similar area, the farm equipment goes up and down my street. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear about other small farmers! The news has been talking about how big business is taking over farming.

      Delete
  3. Ah yes, being behind a tractor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's just the one place on that strip of road where you can pass...so I was very glad to get around him.

      Delete
  4. Ah yes, we sometimes drive behind a tractor on a nice long country road.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one curves around a lot, but there's just the one long straight strip. Sometimes I haven't been so lucky!

      Delete
  5. A lot of people have been thoroughly bamboozled.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are certainly seeing the results of bamboozling now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our tractor is a trusty tool here. Couldn't manage without it.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.