Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Saturday, June 3, 2023

And the finish line!

 OK, you and I know I'm a poor sportsperson at my age, so this half mile walk around the lake took just about as long as possible, with all kinds of interesting things to take photos of. Well, the ducklings were cute, weren't they?



My car is of course at the far end of the parking lot, pant pant. This is the inglorious rain garden/feature, which nobody can go into and probably they'll figure out a permanent fence around it. We used to have glorious rose bushes here and lots of birds made their family nests in them. Sigh. Progress.

What, this is disappointing? Well, let me find another photo of the pretty lake, at least, to please your senses.
A smaller version of the panoramma which I'm using as my header on my other blog now.

Addendum: I've been around twice since I wrote this adventurous first post! Yes, more geese and ducks and pretty photos. It is getting easier to walk (thankfully) so not as many photos. So here's how it happened.

I told friends that I'd accomplished this. And out of the blue, a few days later, one of them called and asked if I wanted to walk with her. Sure. So an hour later we went for maybe 1/3 of the way together. Then she said she'd like to take off and try to go two times around in the time it takes me to do once. 

Canada Geese and goslings.

The family had lunch together...except for that one adventurous one...


By the time he got to the other side of the concrete, he realized how far he was from protection...and wiggling his wings he waddled back quickly to the family.

My friend met me after her second lap, and then we blew it on eating lunch at Wendy's and having Son of Baconator sandwiches. Good information to not do that again! So the next day we brought our own salads to have a picnic after our walks. And I made it further around before hitting a bench! My goal of just going straight around will conincide with her goal of going 5 times around.  I should bring a book to read while waiting for her to finish...but that's not going to be this week probably.

Just to pass along some interesting things:
And I love reading a blog daily about Beans and I on the Loose, an RV road-tripper with a cat. Today one commenter offered another interesting link: Mapping a Road Trip with perfect 70 degree Weather.

Sharing with Saturday's Critters with Eileen.

Today's quote:

It’s not about trying to be someone else: it’s about finding a sense of ease with you as you are, right now. Buddha

11 comments:

  1. ...you have shared many pictures f the construction around the lake. The results sure are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They finished the work, but the awful orange fencing still remains at thed "rain capturing feature."

      Delete
  2. I like how you are just doing it at your own pace. Carry on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That seems to be working...no real push that's terrifically hard to do. And each day is a bit easier. Amazing how that is!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I just know he's going to be either the leader of the flock, or get into big trouble!

      Delete
  4. The lake views are so pretty. Love the goose family, the goslings are cute! Great photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting Sat. Critters. Have a great weekend yourself!

      Delete
  5. I always love seeing the views there, and the geese and goslings are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.