Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Wet days

 

Plus I've been sick. Corner of Blue Ridge Rd, and Old US 70. When I turn left onto Blue Ridge Rd, then it will cross US 70 where the signal lights are. Just in case you wanted to check on Google Maps of something.  I mainly was interested in the great clouds.

They move pretty quickly over the mountains. But this had been Monday. By Tuesday, I didn't want to try to take photos...there would be swooshing rain, with a bit of wind, then a let up that maybe lasted 5 mintues, then back to rain. From downpour to constant sprinkle, Tuesday was difficult to guage. I had to pick up groceries and medicines...but was able to do so without using the umbrella I carried. My shoes are another matter.


Barbara's Bruschetta (is that the right term for this?) The only problem I had was with getting a mouthful without disturbing all the rest of the toppings. I finally gave up and ate with a fork.

Italian bread with olive oil drizzled over it, fresh cut tomatoes, fresh picked basil, parmesean cheese. I forgot to put the garlic on it. But it was great just like that.

Today's quote:
Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets. -Arthur Miller, playwright and essayist (17 Oct 1915-2005)

9 comments:

  1. ...I'm sorry that you aren't feeling well, but please send us some rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are welcome to have it! The weatherman was right, we were in for a week of rain. All their forecasts were just deliberating as to whether we'd get 2 inches or 10 inches. Pretty sure we're already over 2.

      Delete
  2. I hope you feel better soon, Barbara. Please take care there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I got a new prescriptioin. And new groceries, which I hope will brighten my spirits.

      Delete
  3. We've been having rain too--much needed! Hope you are better soon. That bruschetta looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...I finally looked up the right name and changed my original. It did taste good.

      Delete
  4. The bruschetta looks good enough to brighten a grey day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The weather looks ominous, but the food looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.