Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Monday, December 18, 2023

Approaching the big day

 

'Seeing Santa' by Charles M. Russell


Cat cozy town of Kristianstad - a mural to please cat lovers



Three more days till the Winter Solstice


Just a shot of my passive heating system during the winter months. It's so amazing that no sunlight will come inside these windows directly during the summer...but thanks to the earth's tilt we get the sun's warmth in the winter when we need it!

By 4 pm there's no more sun, and by 5 pm it looks pretty blue-grey outside.


My same view at night, with the lights strung by my friend climbing on the step ladder to save me from doing it. I think the price I paid by giving her something was a fair trade for my own caution.




This painting was attributed to the "School of Rembrandt"

Rembrandt (recently attributed to him) 'Adoration of the Kings' -  and the price went up!

Seven more days to Christmas

---------------------

Sharing with Monday Murals this week.


Today's quote:

The next message you need is always right where you are.

RAM DASS


Longwood Gardens. Three more days till Winter Solstice!

10 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Love the cat mural. The view of your windows and the sunlight looks pretty. Take care, have a great day and happy week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...those window are lovely! ☃️ 🎄 ❄️ 🎅🏼

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and I finally figured out that you didn't host Monday Murals. My bad.

      Delete
  3. I sure am glad I have them to give me a view of a lot of tree branches and a far away mountain ridge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the view from your table there. So beautiful. I also love that you quoted Ram Dass, one of our most favorite writers. (NewRobin13)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the view from your table too. It gives a peaceful feeling vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your lights at the window look pretty. Love that cat mural, so, so cute :) Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Barbara. Have a lovely Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  7. That window looks grand all throughout the day and night, at least as long as those light are on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Somehow I missed your post yesterday. I absolutely love your window and its view. So serene.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.