Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Saturday, December 16, 2023

Winter Holidays Indoors (and out)

 

A setting for the photographer. Even fake snow along the steps! But the message is to have seasonal beauty, don't you think? And perhaps envy.


Sepia Saturday suggests another series of photos of life indoors. Let's see what I can come up with!


OK, those who like crochet work, how do you like this tree?




I was eating a lovely brunch the other day, and noticed this nice chandelier, as well as some seasonal decorations.

In a different restaurant, sharing a lovely Sunday dinner with friends, l to r, Ann, Alice, myself, and David!


And speaking of food, here's how the TV personality Julia Child produced her show, with 5 assistants off camera to provide her with the next needed thing!

A Crystal Tree

An internet image of Christmas past...( no relation to me)



Today's quote:

When life feels too big to handle, go outside. Everything looks smaller when you’re standing under the sky.

L.R. KNOST


Isn't it fun to do photoshop?

Christmas is 9 day's away!



"LUCIA AT LAST"  by Lisa Aisato. 

Winter Solstice is 5 days away


5 comments:

  1. ...#1 is a bit of an overload!☃️ 🎄 ❄️ 🎅🏼

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit my Christmas decorating efforts are almost non-existent these days - but I like seeing everyone else's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that crocheted tree, although I think I would like it better if it was smaller. Nice pic of you and friends! The crystal tree is music to my bling-loving and glass-loving heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A nice mix of everything Christmassy. I used to decorate the staircase in one of our houses with garlands and ribbon, but nothing like that first picture! Whew!! I love the painting, "Lucia at last". And yay for the winter solstice because the days will begin to get longer again!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! There's enough Christmas cheer here to last all year. However I would not want to be responsible for assembling, removing, and storing that crystal tree or the crochet tree either. Today my wife hung a wreath on our front door which will do fine for us and the dogs.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.