Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Sharing the love

A friend of mine hasn't retired from her job yet....just one more month!! She had her big family Thanksgiving the weekend before the holiday, because she was working on that Thursday, though her husband was off.

But she got off around 2:30 and invited me (who had plans to roast a Tofurky alone) to come over to their house at 4:30. I contributed some potatoes to become mashed, and a package of green beans with almonds (yay Green Giant).

Their main dish was beef tips in sauce. It was delicious.


We even indulged in charcuterie before dinner, without an official board.

And we sat and talked and talked, and nobody paid much attention to the Cowboy's game on TV, then we finally had digested enough to try the sampler of cheesecakes. (I even brought  some home for my left overs too)

Earlier I'd watched the parades in New York and Asheville NC in the morning on TV, So I'd shared my photos  with my friend on her phone, while she was working, but between customers of course.

I had a very good Thanksgiving with lots of love, and messages shared with my own family who were miles away.

Today's quote:
Jim Harrison, poet and writer, said: "Life is sentimental. Why should I be cold and hard about it? That's the main content. The biggest thing in people's lives is their loves and dreams and visions, you know."


Marc Chagall The Betrothed and the Eiffle Tower





14 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely dinner with your friend, great food and the cheesecake sampler looks yummy. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always have a good time with them. It was a fun occasion! Yes indeed, the cheesecake tasted great!

      Delete
  2. ...I LOVE Marc Chagall's art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly upgraded tour TG dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Not exactly soup to nuts, but it sure filled us up!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a lovely Thanksgiving with friends. (NewRobin13)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice dinner! And lovely that you were invited to share it. Friends...they mean more the older we get.

    ReplyDelete
  7. An occasion all the better shared with friends. It sounds delightful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly was. We enjoy each other's company, though I'm mainly a good friend with the woman - but somehow her husband always has interesting things to share as well.

      Delete
  8. Very nice! I like that painting too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...me too. I like at least one other Chagall...will have to see if I have a copy of it.

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.