Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Signs2

 


I admit to staying  up many a midnight hour looking at the ancestors who lived before me! What an interesting bunch of people they were!






This is probably why my ancestors are such interesting people!






Today's quote:

I think that I shall never see / A poem lovely as a tree. 
-(Alfred) Joyce Kilmer, journalist and poet (1886-1918) 

A special gift of this season, one I attribute to Solstice, Jethro Tull sings Ring Out These Bells.




Winter Solstice is tomorrow





Christmas is 5 days away.

While this didn't get added to the Signs2 meme, it is there in spirit.
I'm traveling south today and tomorrow, at 70 mph and stops for my 81 year old body's needs, it is a 9.5 hour trip that I'll easily need 2 days of driving to accomplish. I'm being careful, following the law, and hoping that everyone is also who's on the highways this week with me.

I do hope I can find a room at the inn tonight, I'm not very good sleeping in the car...what's that, you have barn room at half price? Mmmm, maybe. Depends on the animals. I cuddle with selective little animals, preferably cats.

3 comments:

  1. Love the signs and images. The sleep sign is fitting for me. Safe travels, have a great trip! Take care, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely collection of images, Barbara. Have a very safe journey. Take care there. (NewRobin13)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe travels, Barb! I enjoyed today's collection.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.