Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Friday, December 29, 2023

From the mundane to the beautiful

 

A couple weeks before Christmas, we had a water leak (same pipe that leaked for months last winter). It only lasted a couple of weeks before these guys fixed it this time.


Don't you love the way the other crew members take it easy while the back hoe does all the finishing?


The last flower of my pre-solstice bouquet.

Looks like this orchid will bloom while I'm gone.


A moment at Moments Coffee cafe with a friend, while my car was being given a once over before I set on the road. 




I had time for a selfie with some of the decor.

Yes I had these roller skates as a kid, but in a much reduced size since I was just 7 years old!

Orchie is doing her thing...

Among the other things to do before going out of town for a week, I had a dental appointment!

I arrive with my mask, since I sit in a waiting room with sick people.



The decorations here seem to belong to the Dental Hygenist, who is from Bolivia.


Yes, I'm numb (upper lip) and wearing my goggles so they can zap the material to harden it.

I knew Amy Amaryllis wouldn't like to be alone for the holidays, so my friend took care of her.


Isn't that incredible? She didn't have a window to put it in, but it just kept on blooming anyway!


Orchie is blooming her little heart out too! Just wait till tomorrow when I bring Amy home from my friend's house...they'll be such pretty gals primping in front of each other!

Sharing with Floral Friday Fotos!




Today's quote:

The times are urgent; let us slow down.

AFRICAN SAYING


17 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I love your new header photo, it is beautiful. Your Amaryllis and the orchid are lovely. Take care, have a happy day and a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen! I have two new critters at my house, but neither are breathing, so I don't think they'll qualify for tomorrow's post with you.

      Delete
  2. ...I remember skates like those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh there were so many skinned knees. Nobody had thought of kneepads yet!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks William. They do make the grey days brighter!

      Delete
  4. I love your new header photo! Your blooming flowers are so beautiful. My orchid is still languishing, but I keep on trying to make it happy. (NewRobin13)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, but my other orchid isn't interested in blooming, instead is sending out more root stalks. Thanks Robin, about my header. I loved my quest to dip my toes in an ocean...though it was the Gulf of Mexico. All ten toes too!

      Delete
  5. Pretty flowers and I too remember those skates. :) Nice header, I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't look all that great as it show all my skin spots...but it does capture my joy of the moment!

      Delete
  6. Oh, I love seeing you with your toes in the salt water. I am green with envy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son took about 4 shots and this last one was great! Wish it had been sunny.

      Delete
  7. Sweet flowers. Have a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I've actually finally returned home by today...actually Wednesday.

      Delete
  8. How cool that they are blooming! You sure had a busy time before you left. I hope you are resting up now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm completely tuckered out. It was great to see family, but I'm just moving through my home life without much energy yet.

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.