Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Friday, December 8, 2023

Coffee Meeting

  

Having Coffee at Filo Pastries & Post 70 Indulgence Bar!

We happily sat in the quieter room.

I was encouraged to see the women's rest room. So here's my selfie from there!



Several live plants were there, in the Women's Room.



As well as an alcove with this decoration in one of the stalls!

I'm sharing this with Floral Friday Fotos!

Today's quote:
"For a country to have a great writer is like having another government. That's why no regime has ever loved great writers, only minor ones." Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

I lost the caption that went with this picture...if you know the artist/writer, let me know please!

Tom said: Erik Johansson's optical illusion! 







10 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Looks like a nice place to relax with some coffee. I like your selfie photo, the plants and the last photo of the Christmas tree. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Christmas tree could have been going up or down, with Mr. Grinch!

      Delete
  2. ...it's Erik Johansson's optical illusion, neat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...glad to have the artist. I'm adding it to the post.

      Delete
  3. Lovely photos, and I love seeing your selfie! That's a very cool optical illusion painting. (NewRobin13)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's does look a little homier than our Deadly Grounds café. 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have 2 Starbucks in Black Mountain, and this is the next village toward Asheville...but it does have that old forbidding stone structure.

      Delete
  5. Ooh, I love the Grinh stealing the tree!

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.