Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Just saying...




These are serious anthropologists!


The stars and balls got it wrong, it's just two days till Winter Solstice!







Now this is a Father Christmas I could imagine sharing some great presents with me.


I'm not sure black people would want this guy with his list of the good kids. It's more likely PC people will purchase him and make him stand in public places where blacks might see him. 


St. Patrick's Cathedral 2017 New York City

Six days till Christmas



Today's quote:

That is happiness; to be dissolved into something complete and great. 
-Willa Cather, novelist (1873-1947)




7 comments:

  1. ...I love the Tree Wise Women! ☃️ ๐ŸŽ„ ❄️ ๐ŸŽ…๐Ÿผ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, they sure would have handled things differently, and who knows, maybe it was more like this, but the scribe who recorded the story was a man, thus a bit of embellishment.

      Delete
  2. Great images and pretty Christmas photos. The three women sound very wise. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a great day Eileen. I love collecting various photos and sharing them here. That way I delete them from my computer. If ever blogger goes up, I'll have lost a lot of my collection!

      Delete
  3. Loving the Christmas imagery. Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An entertaining and yet thought-provoking collection , Barb. I especially like the first one and the goddess one, and I think you are right, unfortunately about the black Santa.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.