Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Monday, December 4, 2023

Holly Jolly - after dark

 

Another Jolly Old Elf (real beard and hair) was juggling some pretty balls.  He later told me about his toes growing up so he had to wear those shoes...being 1100 years old or so.

He did catch the attention of many little and big people passing by.

At the bottom of the hill is Sutton St, where the old train station - now crafts shop is.


This sign is posted outside our church also.  Here it's by the entrance to Chiffarobe...lots of fun things to look at!

Cheerleaders waited just as my group of friends did for the first part of parading High School Band to start...


And here comes the High School band! 

The turned up Cherry Street after starting on Sutton!

It was kind of small, and after they passed, I decided to start my long walk back to my car...up the hill!

And then the band turned around and came back down Cherry Street!

My little iPhone camera kept saying it needed 2 seconds to take these shots...but I got a lot of them surprisingly, though the kids had passed me by in the 2 seconds!

We're known as "The Little Town That Rocks." That means some decorated rockers are available (when dried off a bit) for those who were tired of walking!

In front of the Veranda Restaurant, the Swannanoa Valley Museum was hosting a coffee wagon, so I stopped for some decaf in order to get back up the hill. It really helped.


Almost back to my car, there's the Swannanoa Valley Museum entrance to the left, and the Black Mountain Center for the Arts with it's purple female figure hanging by its entrance.  I was pushing myself by the time I walked up to my car...counting my steps to take my mind off my fatigue. I did go home and have supper, it was only 7:30!

Today's quote:

We’re a nation hungry for more joy: Because we’re starving from a lack of gratitude.

BRENÉ BROWN





8 comments:

  1. Love the cute elf and the parade. Great night photos. Take care, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The cheerfulness of my little community's neighbors is spreading. But I skipped the rainy parade on Saturday afternoon. I have my limits.

      Delete
  2. The elf is terrific. Well, it all is really. That was quite an outing for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I did it all for you! Bloggers rule! Kidding. I want to have these events recorded for my own historical reasons.

      Delete
  3. ...Saturday night we went to the Christmas parade that two of out granddaughter were in. It rained and rained.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, you had a good reason to be out in the rain...and I bailed on that opportunity!

      Delete
  4. But what a nice outing you had with the good exercise too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely could count that as my steps for the day! I don't have one of those watches, and don't plan to get one. Just trying to do my best with what I have. It is nice to be able to walk, compared to many people! A small gratitude here.

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.