Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Sunday, December 3, 2023

Holly Jolly in Black Mountain NC -before dark!

  Starting at the Black Mountain Center for the Arts... here clay studio students and teachers display and sell their works. (I have been a member of that clay studio many years, and know these are really the best deals in town).


I park in the bank parking lot across the street kitty-corner. And then start strolling down hill. This is State Street (aka US 70).

I you don't have room for a whole Santa, here's a bust of one!

At the corner of Cherry Street, I turn to go downhill for this long block. I headed straight for my friend's pottery Shop, Sunshine Pottery.


Sarah Vekasi and I have been friends, and for a while were even neighbors since she moved here...and now she' had her own pottery shop for 2 years!


I walked down Cherry Street around 5:30. I'll have to cut off some of my photos and share them tomorrow. But this gives you an idea of all the activities...and all my friends who I saw (at least 7 from church!)



And more potters that I knew well...up those stairs. On the right will be My Father's Pizza, which is always a good place to eat! 

To the left is Geoff Bird's pottery store, which includes works by Blair and Matilda...a kind of co-op of potters.



This is a unique outdoor store...so only open on good weather days usually!


I asked Matilda to twirl around to show off her velvet coat and hat.


So Geoff did too, though he was talking on the phone!!


Their patio has one of the best views of Cherry Street.

Here come the Owen High School Cheer Girls

Some children are really shy of the strange man in red with that fake beard. I heard some big sisters say to the little girl in the family, "he's a fraud." What language from a 6th grade size girl. I can imagine what her family says while they watch the FOX news! But the dad did say to the little tyke, "These men (he didn't even call them Santas) are here to help gather the wishes for the real Santa at the North Pole."

More of the stores which had goodies free outside or inside, to entice customers of course.

A friend has been mentioning this little place (also up stairs) to try out sometime.

The "blue tree" global apparel would be of interest to browse on another day.

A group was trying to get kids to hula hoop, or grownups to throw the hoop over a wood tree to win some prize or another. I passed on both opportunities. 

At this tea and spices store, I saw friends Dawn and Tina checking out something.

There's more to come...


Today's quote is a Stop action animation ad from Apple -  have some tissue nearby!










17 comments:

  1. It all looks rather charming, but if I had to encounter seven people that I knew, I might have to go back home early. 😁😏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you mean to find more people, rather thana to avoide those seven! Very funny!

      Delete
  2. ...I LOVE the silver MCM Christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very nice stroll. I love the red coat and the hat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a very good potter too! Matilda (changed her last name, not sure, it could be potter!)

      Delete
  4. What a lovely holiday-season walk you had there. I love how your friends posed for you. (NewRobin13)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just give a potter a chance to ham it up...well, maybe just my friend potters!

      Delete
  5. Hula hooping... I never could do it even when I was seven. Certainly not at ten times that age!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your town looks very inviting with all it festive decorations. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun! The velver coat is stunning. Your town certainly looks inviting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think she said it was vintage, from the 30s-40s.

      Delete
  8. Your town's festive decorations make it look very welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, they do have a good bit of decorating skills around here.

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.