Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk, May 8, 2024

Monday, April 29, 2024

Monday - late post

 

Looking up at the steps I'm practicing on. I want to be able to walk up and down steps at the stadium for my granddaughter's graduation at Ohio State U. So my physical therapist suggested training to use my hiking pole to help with balance where there are no handrails! Thus I'm practicing on these steps at home.



Roses are already blooming.

I'm doing laundry this morning. Will join other seniors for lunch. I have all windows and doors open to nice breeze and hearing the birds. I can barely see the ridge tops through the trees, and can just barely hear traffic on various roads that I can't see. All the trees are green here, in different wonderful shades.


Today's quote:

Boundary setting is a communication skill that adds value to your life and allows you to experience less drama with others.





14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yep, I've yet to meet a wheel chair that can handle steps. But our friends in electric chairs just toodle around on the driveways. One even goes on the roads fearlessly. She's a bit young (compared to me) and has lived here over 20 years, so she has somehow survived her wild rides (very fast too)

      Delete
  2. ...I don't do well with steps that don't have railings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'm going to also rely upon younger people to prop me up a bit. Today's attempt to go down really steep steps with the cane met me with falling against the railing...thump, but thankfully still upright. Whew.

      Delete
  3. Good for you for working out!
    I can't believe you have roses. I keep forgetting how far north we are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's 76F here and all my windows are open...mostly shaded by trees, such is my little apartment a nest among them all summer. I also walked by the lake a bit today, and realized I didn't stop to sit down once (though I did stop to take photos of baby ducks!) It felt good to get out of breath and keep going! Whoopee!

      Delete
  4. Wishing you all the best success with your worthy exercise! Take it easy and hold that rail. Thanks for the beautiful flowers. Aloha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like sharing beauty here...as well as seeing the beauty of flowers that grow only in Hawaii.

      Delete
  5. You have a good goal in mind. And you'll have family looking out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good idea to practice. And definitely grab someone's arm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopefully, you'll have some human assistance of those stairs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Smart of you to practice. I think I should do that. I have trouble sometimes with steep steps. Won't it be great though to be at her graduation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, please latch onto your son! fall are most deadly for us old folk. Sounds like a crazy idea your therapist had. But then I'm no physical therapist.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.