Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Outside my apartment and the glass blowing place

We all have many aspects to ourselves - integrating these parts into wholeness is an important step in healing.

My kitchen window has this glorious bush of azaleas under it. Which I can't see, but my across the courtyard neighbors can! (And these photos were taken before the last rain!)


Another huge bush is under the next neighbors kitchen window down the hill.  Here are the iris too!

 
















While stopped at the light on State Street last week, I saw the new addition to the site for a glass blowing studio and gallery. It may open this summer. I hope so!


A small and well contained honeysuckle bush was by the parking lot behind the Swannanoa History Museum. I remembered the joy of pulling the bottom off a bloom and sucking the honey, many times. The natural plant has become a bit of a nuisance as it vines all over the place often.

Today's quote:
You may want to press the fast-forward button through your pain, but in doing so you would miss out on important learning.

PS: All the new leaves and blossoms on trees outside my apartment window have hidden my view of I-40 already. Soon, I'll loose sight of the ridgeline on the other side of the valley for about 5-6 months.

9 comments:

  1. Good morning. I'm up very early finishing my prep for a colonoscopy at noon today! Your irises are lovely. Hope to share photos of spring here when there's more to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your procedure goes/went well. The prep is the worst part, I think. I am looking forward to your springtime photos.

      Delete
  2. ...the mural is a show stopper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, but they've slapped a sign on top of it now.

      Delete
  3. It's all nice, but those azalea bushes are incredible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year the blooms have come back after the landscape crew scalped them all in the fall two years ago...wrong season completely. After they bloom I've heard, is the right time to prune...and these big ones will need it again if not this year, then next for sure.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful iris! Both are oldtime varieties. I love the azalea too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are oldtime people, so the iris fit just right!

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.