Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Sunday, April 21, 2024

Celebrating Earth Day

 Early morning (for me) up at 8. Made coffee. Checked stuff on computer while nibbling on granola, blue berries and yogurt. It was raining. It was just 46 degrees F outside. My mini-split unit on the wall was heating the apartment a bit.

The dogwoods have been losing their petals, so I walked between beautiful pale pink snow on the ground outside my door. 

Facebook video of Earth Day

My friends from the Climate Conversation group hosted an interactive display again at Lake Tomahawk. I was unable to attend due to cold wet weather, which makes my COPD and coughing worse.




Annelinde Metzner led the Sahara Peace Choir in singing some Earth Day type songs.








If I can download the photos I took with my iPhone, I'll add them tomorrow.

These were from my friend Kevin Jones, who showed folks how to make Kieffer.




4 comments:

  1. That looks like a great event. You stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The people who put it on have said it was well attended. I'm sorry to have missed it, but they did say it was cold and windy!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm happy that I can decide priorities that sometimes mean I miss things but work to stay healthy.

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.