Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Thursday, April 11, 2024

Some homes in old Black Mountain

 


Yes, the weeping cherry trees were still in bloom that week.

I don't know what this pretty pink bush was.

A Bradford Peat tree about to turn green

The first glance at a budding azalea. It looks pretty old with many prunings.


The (also old) azalea bush by my front porch, taken April 8.


Today's quote:

Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.

OMAR KHAYYAM

Sharing with Floral Friday Fotos

Sharing with Thankful Thursday


16 comments:

  1. Love all the blooming trees and shrubs. This is a lovely time of the year. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I like the craftsmen style with the hipped roof.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I checked, all these houses have hipped roofs...or modifications. But I know which one you mean.

      Delete
  3. You seem to live in a very nice place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those porches ... what a great place to sit of an evening and watch the world go by!
    The blossoms are beautiful and many ... the tissues are overflowing the wastebasket! 🤧

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many tourists who stay in nearby B&B's will be strolling down these streets as they go to town, or to Lake Tomahawk. It's all within a mile or so radius.

      Delete
  5. It is so lovely seeing the blossoms and the lovely homes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very beautiful! Thank you Barbara. Aloha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're always welcome...glad to share. I enjoy looking at Hawaiian beauty on your blog!

      Delete
  7. This is a lovely neighborhood. I like the style of homes and that weeping cherry tree. I had one long ago. Thank you for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure are pretty. I was surprised this one was still in bloom.

      Delete
  8. I believe that one bush is a flowering almond. Lovely homes, and flowers.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.