Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk July 24, 2024

Monday, July 15, 2024

A lunch to enjoy

 

The Swannanoa exit from I-40 leads to the local home of Harley Davidson. But if you continue and take a right onto US 70, you'll soon see Oakie Dokies.



Oakie Dokies is only open for lunch now. That's alright, I wasn't in the mood for their ribs! But the pulled pork sandwich was delicious.

I met friends there and we caught up...hadn't seen them for a week, I guess.

My Saturday experience was ok, at the Tailgate Market. I started coughing, and continued through Sunday! Made a few sales. But feel pretty discouraged.

Saw the pulmonologist on Friday and he started me on a new med, but it hasn't had much chance to take effect yet. So the rest of the weekend was a wipeout.

I listened to a good book, at least. I'll promote it later!


Today's quote:

Trust is the first step to love. 
-Premchand, novelist and poet (1880-1936)

18 comments:

  1. Eateries are cutting back hard on their opening times.. understandable, but sad.

    Sad that coughing spoiled your day..have they identified any other triggers than mould spores?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought of the times being open as a economic decision...but of course that played into it. For quite a while they only provided take out meals, and had a window put in for people to place orders and pick up. Now at least we can eat in the dining room, or on their deck if the noon temperatures were agreeable.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...Oakie Dokies, what a name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you discouraged about your health or your sales, or both?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say my health. Getting rid of pottery out of my house is the goal of sales, and it's really a slow affair.

      Delete
  5. Hello,
    I like the restaurant's name! The sandwich looks yummy! I hope you feel better soon! Take care, have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...I like it too, and they have a big ole black smoker out front with nice hickory scented smoke when they're open. I do hope to get better soon too!

      Delete
  6. I love the shot of the window! Very painterly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed sitting there looking at the mountains (as always) and then thought I should share it!

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a good lunch to me, too. Sorry about your cough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice lunch, and I haven't felt well enough to eat my leftover pulled pork yet! I'm determined to get over the cough!

      Delete
  8. Chin up, Barb! You are being proactive in seeking answers to the cough. I sure wish I could buy some of your pottery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, maybe if I feel better and could consider shipping things. Right now I'm dragging around, just doing the bare minimum. You know how being sick knocks you off your regular routine, well I have spent the last 2 days like that, and am really tired of it!

      Delete
  9. The view out of the window is beautiful. Love the Oakie Dokies name, made me laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh you have a wonderful view!

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.