Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk July 24, 2024

Thursday, July 11, 2024

Potpourri

 

Grandfather Mountain Highland Games, 2022 


Black Mountain loves its library and librarians!


Linville Gorge



Holman Apartments, Black Mountain 1930s (no longer here)




This building has 2 apartments, 1 bedroom each. Near Lake Tomahawk.



I still miss the old gazebo at Lake Tomahawk, waiting for a new one.


A CGI video about Black Mountain HERE


Today's quote:

Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace. The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things. -Amelia Earhart, aviator (1897-1937)

9 comments:

  1. Love the photos, the view from the old gazebo is pretty. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen. I did enjoy framing the lake and mountains from the gazebo.

      Delete
  2. ...the Holman Apartments certainly is a loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Second try to reply: I don't know how it met its demise.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I just wander through town and see some interesting things. Some aren't so interesting, actually.

      Delete
  4. It's nice to wander around the town with you since I will never visit it on my own! I travel the world via bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last one is so peaceful. I hope your new gazebo is built soon.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.