Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk July 24, 2024

Monday, July 22, 2024

A simple breakfast

 Breakfast the other day!

Not exactly my normal granola with other stuff. That day I had some potato/beet/carrot salad with boiled egg crumbles. 


I had half this slice...the thinner part on the right. Saving the rest for tomorrow!

And I had a normal serving (since I don't have delicacies like that salad slice every day!) of organic blueberries and Greek style yogurt. Then thinking I've been doing really well at managing things (why did I even think such a thing?) I proceeded to stack the blueberries on top of the yogurt container, and turn to open the fridge.

And blueberries went everywhere! I saved the little bit that remained in the container, and got out the broom, and hoped none flew under the stove. I didn't do more than run the broom across the front of it.

So that's my little world on one morning! Hope your day has started out better!

Sharing with My Corner of The World

18 comments:

  1. Been there, done that with the blueberries! So annoying. You always find one lurking somewhere weeks later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I often have the dropsies too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad my phone is safe inside a protective case...but it does make a big thump when it falls.

      Delete
  3. My most normal breakfast is granola and blueberries. I don't think I have spilled them yet, but I have spilled the cat's kibble more than once.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yogurt and blueberries are a favorite of mine.
    Sorry they spilled, I have dropped a few!
    Take care, have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not the end of the world, dropping blueberries, that is.

      Delete
  5. I hate it when that happens. And it does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having taken photos of breakfast, I just had to click on my little accident as well!

      Delete
  6. Had fresh blueberries and granola this morning too. Lots of blueberries to eat up as company left a day earlier than we thought. No blueberry cobbler to make for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our prices fluctuate so much at the local grocery, and I've at least 2 quarts of frozen blueberries to cook with. So they're up another dollar since last week...I'll wait to see what happens next week. These are the local crops, which I love.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. It seems my hands only partially are obeying my brain. It takes about 2 tries to pick things up or move them...first grasp is just in thin air.

      Delete
  8. Your blueberries look good and sorry to see some ended up on the floor. I often have unusual things for breakfast....I have gotten tired of the usual :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love having apple pie for breakfast when I have it. I try to be patient and heat it up (since I keep it in the fridge.) But I will be known to eat it cold too.

      Delete
  9. Blueberry polka dot art! At least they did not SPLAT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, fresh blueberries are somewhat hard to splat, for that I'm grateful!

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.