Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk July 24, 2024

Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Some of my pottery and health update

 These are the things I'm trying to sell. At reasonable market prices at the Tailgate Market, each Sat. just for 3 hours, 9-12. (I usually post pottery on my art blog, but feel this is easier for you all to see on this one.)

A pair of brown bowls with leaf designs.


This larger  bowl has chop-stick resting grooves along the top edge.



A fluted serving bowl, with just one color. The sun reflected off our red tent.

A slightly wonky bread bowl. It's large, not perfect, but ideal for rising a double loaf...and not pink.


A white classical shape vase with red trim (no pink, remember the sun on the red tent reflecting down)

The base of the white vase....remember no pink!

Downward Cat mug

El Gordo Gato...fat cat mug...the face

And each side has a leg, with the tail by the handle.

A little sugar bowl with faceted sides

Me holding the lid and showing the inside is green glaze.


Top on the sugar bowl. 

I must mention Cathy's remaining little dishes with flowers and leaves glazed designs, and her little black bears, which bring smiles often to those who have encountered our local wildlife around their trash bins.

These overviews give better color quality. Sold the two little soap dishes at top middle.


And I sold one of the blue and white mugs in center left.


Personal note:
Thanks for all the well-wishes that I received the day before. Yesterday was more of the same conditions of my coughing, until I got to the Dr. office.

Saw Nurse Practitioner yesterday. Had a breathing treatment after she listened to my lungs. She reviewed what my pulmonologist had said last Fri when he started me on Singular, and upped the dose on my Advair inhaler. She said to try going without the Singular. 

It seems to have been an acute episode of bronchiectasis...so she's increasing all the treatments I have (but haven't been doing lately.) So nebulize not only with saline solution twice a day, but Albuterol also. And get back to using the therea-vest, which shakes my lungs to get stuff loose. I'll have to set that up again somewhere where I can sit comfortably for 15 minutes at a time, with lots of rumbling noises. And she started me on an antibiotic for 2 weeks, at which time I am to go see her again. I sure had a good thorough visit, including a student, and a couple of nurse assistants. 

---------------

Today's quote:

There are stars whose radiance is visible on Earth though they have long been extinct. There are people whose brilliance continues to light the world though they are no longer among the living. These lights are particularly bright when the night is dark. They light the way for humankind.

 -Hannah Senesh, poet, playwright, and paratrooper (1921-1944)

14 comments:

  1. Your pottery looks good, and perhaps your coughing will subside now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not patiently waiting. I hate to have to spend so much attention and time on the coughing!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you have quite a regime to follow on your road to recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just feel overwhelmed at this point. Low energy says, just do necessary tasks. But to get better I've got to push myself to do all these other things.

      Delete
  3. The pottery is brilliant, I would buy all of it pretty sure! I love it! The cat pieces are utterly charming! The glazes are interesting and lovely. Well done!
    I am so relieved that the med persons actually paid attention to your coughing fits- trying all sorts of remedies! The remedies sound to me like a full time job! Coughing is so exhausting I hope that all of this works sooner rather than later! Thinking of you- love, LS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...sooner does sound good. Want to come over and plug in the vest thing and figure out where to put it to reach me? Sorry, I'm not in a good mood this morning.

      Delete
  4. Your pottery is beautiful, I like the bowls. I hope the meds and treatment help you to feel better. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I really appreciate hearing from you each morning!

      Delete
  5. Incredible pottery, you are very talented! Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cat mugs are my favourite, the are so pretty. Sorry about the health issues, hope you get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pottery! And I'm glad your medical visit went well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love so many of these, Barb. That vase, the cat mugs, the wonky bread bowl, the leaf bowls...beautiful work.
    That was indeed a thorough checkup and I am glad they have set up a regime of treatment. Just sorry that you have to go through all of this.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.