Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk July 24, 2024

Sunday, July 21, 2024

Dragons be all around these days!

 Not sure where this first flying one came from into Facebook-land ... but what a gorgeous view.



Someone was very creative to make these dragon bookends.


My friend and fellow potter, Gary Rith made a dragon mug, and one with a unicorn!

I just put my 5th little one into the kiln with glaze on her. No. 6 is waiting to bisque. I haven't felt quite up to creating in clay for the last week or so. I have some big ideas stewing in my mind however!

I've always loved the Bosch detective stories, and listening to this one again has been enjoyable. I can stop the story any time my coughing interferes with the story. Incidentally, no dragons were harmed in the making of this book...indeed they are simply a reference to the Triad gangs from China. Those people were violent!

Dare I share dragons with Eileen's Saturday's Critters?


Hope you have a great week ahead!

Today's quote:

The history of the Universe has been summed up thusly:
"Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people."
—John P. Wiley Jr.
(quoting Edward R. Harrison)


14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They are such a wonderful source of energy...and stories!

      Delete
  2. I eventually watched Bosch on Prime. It was an okay series. Must have been okay because we watched it all, even the newer series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK is good enough. I kind of liked the way Bosch was sometimes driven to solve things. But this book has a tricky last chapter. I knew going in that it would have some bangs happening to the plot (having read it before) but I listened to it in short spurts in order to assimilate the major changes that happened so fast. I don't like that in books.

      Delete
  3. The dragon books ends are really cool. Take care, enjoy your day and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you barb, for linking up and sharing your post. I enjoyed the mythical critters. Take care, I hope you are feeling better. Have a great week!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Eileen, for letting me add mythical critters to your blog of so many real ones! Yes those bookends are something to covet.

      Delete
  4. A fun post! Thank you! I will of course be watching House of the dragon later today. Have a good week friend. Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these! Especially those mugs. I used tobdoba dragon program with kids, and had several dragon puppets, all gone to the library now. There are so many good stories about dragons, and so many kinds of dragons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear about good stories about dragons.

      Delete
  6. Dragons are favorites around here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow I've always thought they were kind of neat. Not at all lizard-like for me.

      Delete
  7. Some cultures believe that having a dragon near your door will protect your home from evil.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.