Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk July 24, 2024

Thursday, July 25, 2024

What it's like to wear the vest

 A vibrating vest, which has a tube where air is pushed through various smaller channels in the vest, hooked to a loud heavy machine which controls the length of time and the amount of vibration. 



Yep,, everything is out of focus while I sit for 15 minutes.

----------


And if you're not Canadian, you might not know of the Group of Seven. Artists I discovered thanks to  blogger "Ottawa Daily Photo" Here's the post on Landscapes.

Autumn's Garland, done in 1915-16 by Tom Tompson of the Group of Seven

===============

Yesterday I first read Letters from an American by Heather Cox Richardson, with my first cup of coffee. Not only did she speak of Kamala Harris' stunning beginning of her campaign, she mentioned Republican efforts to get a slamming campaign against her. Unfortunately still the country suffers from Republican lack of law making skills.

"In the House, Republicans have been unable to pass the appropriations bills necessary to fund the 2025 U.S. budget, laced as they are with culture-wars poison pills the extremists demand. Today House members debated the appropriations bill for the Interior Department and the Environment which, among other things, bans the use of funds “to promote or advance critical race theory” or to require Covid-19 masks or vaccine mandates. 

According to the European climate service Copernicus, last Sunday was the hottest day in recorded history. The MAGA Republicans’ appropriations bill for Interior and the Environment calls for more oil drilling, fewer regulations on pollutants, no new regulations on vehicles, rejecting Biden’s climate change executive orders, and reducing the funding for the Environmental Protection Agency by 20%.

---------------

My health is continuing very slowly to improve, so I'm terrifically grateful for friends helping out with some tasks that I felt a bit beyond my energy level at this time. I am resentful that I have to spend so much time on nebulizers and the vest to shake the mucous loose, so my coughs are productive. There is no end to the coughs, but they are mostly from about 4 o'clock on. Of course if I lie down to try to nap, suddenly that makes me cough. So I take small breaks.

----------------

Today's quote:

The whole world is a series of miracles, but we’re so used to them that we call them everyday things.

HANS CHRISTIAN ANDERSEN

15 comments:

  1. The vest must be a blessing, not having to have people coming every time you need assistance . I have had to do what might be called percussive massage...not easy and hard work...and probably not so pleasant or efficient as the vest for the receiver

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done a bit of "cupping" on the back of a person with cystic fibrosis, so am aware how hard that must be. I am very grateful a friend donated the vest, as they are quite expensive. Hope eventually to give it to someone else who needs it.

      Delete
  2. Love the Gof7. There is quite a collection at the National Gallery in Ottawa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's where William takes his photos. And I'd never even learned of one Canadian artist in my art history studies!

      Delete
  3. Hello,
    I am glad you are recovering! I follow William's Ottawa Daily blog too. The Group of Seven has gorgeous landscapes. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's always so good to hear from you early in the mornings.

      Delete
  4. ...take care and be better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending healthy thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how delightful. And I'm happily receiving them.

      Delete
  6. So glad you have support from friends. I can't imagine how uncomfortable you must be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was glad to see the rain this morning. I figured if it's coming down, the air must not be quite as muggy. I did have to wear a raincoat to take out the garbage, a task which left me out of breath. It's baby steps again to get back to being more capable...and I'm determined to do so!

      Delete
  7. I hope the vest does what it's meant to do and your health improves. Healthy vibes I send you from Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bill, and I figure healthy Irish vibes must be among the very best!

      Delete
  8. I have never heard of such a vest, Barb, but here's hoping it does the job for you. So annoying when our bodies let us down! Sending hugs and good vibes your way.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.