Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk July 24, 2024

Sunday, July 28, 2024

The new gadget I can't live without

 Yes, living a simple life...with a few modern conveniences!

I dragged it into the kitchen, and left it for later when I went to lunch last Wednesday.

I had finally ordered one, much smaller than the free red one which smelled like it was about to catch on fire. I gave it back to the maintenance man, who carried it to the curb for household pickups. 

I went with Black & Decker, because it's a brand I know. It's all made in China anyway.


Lots of the components are visible through the screen holes in the back. I never noticed that before.



Yep, it's small. But I can get a dinner plate in it to warm up left overs, and it boils water/coffee fine.

I'm happy.

I was not happy having to use a sauce pan to reheat the coffee for about a week. Not at all. But that was part of my "sickies" times. Times to be forgotten!


Today's quote:

My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together.

DESMOND TUTU


19 comments:

  1. ...I hope that your"sickies" times pass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For now, though I'm still having to spend a lot of time with machines to clear my lungs. Glad I could be at market yesterday!

      Delete
  2. Looks nice, we could not go without a microwave. I hope you are feeling better.
    Take care, have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I assume it's a microwave. It looks too big for a taster oven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I have a huge toaster oven...which can bake lots of things in it. Probably uses way too much elec. to toast bread though.

      Delete
  4. Glad you could make it to the market yesterday. Hope you feel perfect soon! Aloha friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cloudia...I would be happy enough with just feeling good!

      Delete
  5. You must be feeling a bit better ro have gone to the market! Yay!
    I like my microwave too. It's a small, cheap red one, but all I use it for is to defrost, reheat stuff, or melt butter any way. But it is so very handy to have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reheat lots of left overs, as each meal is usually enough for two. And coffee is made one day (12 cups) then reheated till it's gone. Yes a handy tool indeed.

      Delete
    2. Economical and sensible! We use a coffee press, and make a couple pots a day, mainly for Larry. I drink one or two small cups a day. My morning tea, now, I make it in a teapot and usually drink 3 or 4 cups!

      Delete
  6. I was in high school home ec back in '58 when a sales rep came to talk to us about these new fangled gadgets called microwaves. It was quite a few years later-- maybe thirty--before I got one. Pretty useful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness, that was early to have learned about them. I'd say my first one was in the 80s probably.

      Delete
  7. No problem with the new microwave fitting nicely in to that space. Glad that you are feeling better. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...it does fit nicely. And works just fine, which makes me happy! And feeling better does too! Hope your week is also wonderful!

      Delete
  8. It is a most amazing convenience! My MIL gave me one for a wedding present in 1976! Both are long gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh then you had one before me. Sad about MIL being gone, expected the microwave to be gone by now!

      Delete
  9. They are great for boiling water. I was reading a research paper that said that microwaving actually made carbohydrates less digestible, although it seem to be helpful for the digestibility of meat.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.