Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk July 24, 2024

Friday, July 26, 2024

Trees and seasons

 I love reading other blogs! They are such interesting people, all over the globe. And close to home. But almost always they post something worth while, either inspiring me, or bringing me into their lives to understand them better. Thank you, fellow bloggers.

Today I first clicked on a blog with a poem, by Mary Oliver. Here it is. When I am Among the Trees





Redwood Forest by Will Stenberg

Along Flat Creek, Montreat NC

Entrance to the Tailgate Market, any day but Saturday!


The trees make this tailgate market special, and more comfortable on hot summer mornings.

Outside my living room windows on a foggy morning (the result of rain the night before)


I live in a nest in the treetops on one side of my apartment. Different seasons bring different amounts of light inside.





Have a wonderful day, and look for a tree somewhere!

Today's quote:

Ultimately, work on self is inseparable from work in the world. Each mirrors the other; each is a vehicle for the other. When we change ourselves, our values and actions change as well.

CHARLES EISENSTEIN



13 comments:

  1. I do love Mary Oliver's poems! I am a tree hugger, I only have to look outside my windows to see trees. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...life without trees would be barren.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, trees are a wonderful gift. There's one on the green that has started to turn already. We wondered if it was stressed or just jumping the season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness, early turning leaves! Wonder if we'll have a early fall.

      Delete
  4. Mary Oliver is Sue's fave, and you worked the tree theme well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I liked Sue for more than one reason! Thanks.

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.