Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk July 24, 2024

Monday, July 29, 2024

Grey days at the lake

My second choice for a blog header.
 
Lovely black eyed Susans.

Parking is easier for the seniors on coolish grey days because fewer families come to the pool. I've noticed one family is poolside every day, under an awning at a table, then they eat lunches out of their lunch boxes. Or maybe it's a day care, because almost all the kids are about the same size.

Another fun event happens several times a week at the pool, and that is a van load of kids from Asheville's inner city recreation sites, who come to enjoy the water, no matter how cool it is. They splash around and have a good time, some wearing a shirt to keep a bit warm when they get out of the water. I love watching them enjoy themselves.


When it's hot and sunny, there are the sun worshipers, who always smell of coconut oil as they apply tanning (maybe sun block?) products. They lie out on towels, and I don't know that they ever even get in the pool.

I hope your summer is relaxing. I read a saying which recommended for adults to let children just be when they appear to be doing nothing, that these are the moments when seeds are beginning in their thinking, whether they know it or not. I want to return to a relaxation where I don't have a single worry in my brain!


Today's quote:

If you truly want to grow, make a practice out of gratitude: the daily art of celebrating the life unfolding before your eyes.

MORGAN HARPER NICHOLS


13 comments:

  1. ..it looks like a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've sure enjoyed these cooler calmer days, not as muggy!

      Delete
  2. Times have changed, and I am almost shocked to read about people sunbathing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure the kiddies are enjoying their time at the pool.
    I love the flowers and your new header photo too.
    Take care, have a great day and happy week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen, thanks for your comment about flowers and header!

      Delete
  4. I really like today's quote, Barb.
    I do hope people are taking proper care of the children's skin. Wearing a t-shirt is a good idea, actually. I don't understand sunbathers at all. We all know it's not healthy, ages the skin, ruins hair,, and can lead to skin cancer. Not to mention being a mindless waste of time, in my opinion (which no one has asked for, so...) But children in a pool? Oh such joy to watch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some granddaughters who do tan, and wear sunblock as well. Sad to see. Yes, children at play are such fun to watch.

      Delete
  5. I remember going to a pool as a kid and loved it. I also was within walking distance to the beach. Even today, I love being around water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love swimming in salt or natural water. I miss that.

      Delete
  6. My summers growing up used to revolve around getting to the pool as often as possible--and to the beach for a week or two. Wonderful times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, young people sure do love the water. Glad you remember those days fondly also.

      Delete
  7. I love the water. I hear you about the kiddies. Then, at our local beach, the parents are the ones that are awful. Pregnant mother, with kids, smoking in the water. Lovely photos! Take care.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.