Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk July 24, 2024

Thursday, July 18, 2024

Last Saturday's pottery I brought home

 That's the trouble with bringing pots to market. You have to wrap and cart them home again when they don't sell.

Here are a few that were there and now packed in my trunk of my car all week.

A simplified monarch mug

Things still have the red tent reflection sometimes...there is no red on any of these pots!


A great pot pie or soup bowl


 

I brought the Monarch wall pillow home again. I didn't feel that anyone was going to like it as much as I do.  It is wired to hang on a nail or picture hook, and of course is safe outside as well as inside.

Doesn't everyone need a blue bird of happiness?


I was happy to see how many people picked up the calico kitty, but then they put it down. I bet they think small means it should be cheap. But just think, it's wheel thrown, adjusted, trimmed, added ears and eyes, then glazed in 4 different colors all applied by hand. Is $15 out of line?

but then again, it's at a Tailgate Market!


These are the cheapest things on the table...tiny vases for $10...again thrown, trimmed and glazed!

--------------------------------
And for those who are interested in stopping the Heritage Foundation's influence on Project 2025 and the GOP platform for this election, I found this:
 "Did you know that you can directly oppose the Heritage Foundation? As a 501c3 corporation, the Heritage Foundation is not allowed to participate in politics, let alone publish political manifestos. You can download Project 2025 pdf from the website and attach it to IRS Form 13909 and challenge their tax exempt status.
Here's their EIN # 23-7327730
Money is the only weapon. Here is your second American Revolution. Right here. It doesn't take that long to file.


---------------------------------

Today's quote:

I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask, "Mother, what was war?" -Eve Merriam, poet and writer (1916-1992)

13 comments:

  1. Your pottery is beautiful. The Project 2025 is downright scary. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Eileen...my early rising friend! yes indeed, may those who dreamed up Project 2025 find something else to dream up...say how much they love their families and maybe even a pretty sunset. We must take the high road when they take the low road (Michelle Obama)!

      Delete
    2. Or was it when they go high, we go low?

      Delete
  2. The red reflection reminds me of the time that we thought we might have been served a raw burger on an outdoor patio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, under those red umbrellas! Very easy to happen!

      Delete
  3. ...I like the orange belly blue bird of happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, but it just sits around in the house. However I kind of think one of my grands might like it. Removed from sale! It's not very big anyway, as far as things go!

      Delete
  4. Pricing is always difficult and it does depend on the venue quite a lot. Your pottery is under priced by a long way! Those would sell up here for triple the price but there you go...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your vote of confidence. I think I'll remove the cheaper things this week, and see if I can actually sell something bigger. Fingers crossed.

      Delete
  5. I am going to add that Heritage Foundation thing to my Facebook and Instagram pages!
    I am so sorry you are having slow pottery sale! Hopefully, things will pick up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm not producing any more, so this is just to clear away what's sitting gathering dust at home.

      Delete
  6. I love your kitty and I don't think the price is very high at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am going to pull out of my display everything that's low priced. I just decided that I need to respect my art/craft and let people see the items that I've got. I'm not making things any more, nor making things for their desires for cheap.They can go to W-mart.

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.