Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk July 24, 2024

Saturday, July 20, 2024

At the Doctor's office

A view that nobody sees usually, the end of the office building. They had a fire here several years ago, and while the building was being rennovated, I was seen in some rooms that I hadn't ever visited before. Then all was refurbished and I was back into the same consultation rooms.

These days my doctor is on leave, until November. Some kind of family emergency is what people say when asked. Someone knows, but it's not talked about. I can guess.

Anyway, the office continues to work with 2 Nurse Practioners seeing patients, and their NP students learning along side of them. I also still have my Physician's Assistant as my phone consultation once a month. They all have access to all my records....such as they are kept. On this visit I found that one medication I've taken for years wasn't indicated on my list. It was one that had just been increased in dosage.

I balked last time I was seen, that I didn't want to have a student treat me. She said, ok, you'll have to wait till the NP is done seeing other clients. What, I thought? I had an appointment too! But she got the message, and this time she was there for all the things we discussed and decided.
 


I've had many a mammogram in a mobile unit in their parking lot but not this time! This time a new vehicle was a trailer parked and running on this system of batteries. Since I know it has chilly air-conditioning, that must be one drain of electricity...then there are the X-ray machines which capture the bumps and blobs within our mammary tissues on digital films. I was interested to see this is how it all is being done these days.

Well, that was the day I stopped taking one drug, and started another (antibiotic) on Tues. this week. I haven't responded with any great decrease in coughing, nor the tiredness it brings on with just the antibiotic, and wish I had the addition of a sterioid boost too. I'll call them tomorrow and see if it's possible to get that addition to the antibiotic treatment. 

Note: They couldn't find room in schedule to see me on Fri, and I found out they won't write any prescriptions without seeing someone. Grrrr.

And looking at promises of rain for Saturday, and my health issues, I've canceled being at the Tailgate Market this Saturday.

I've given lots of details of my Friday experiences over in "When I Was 69" yesterday.

Today's quote:

Nobody has the slightest idea how anything material could be conscious. Nobody even knows what it would be like to have the slightest idea about how anything material could be conscious. 

So much for the philosophy of consciousness.

 

—Daniel D. Hutto
An Ideal Solution to the Problems of Consciousness

14 comments:

  1. ...take care and get strong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Working on it. Mmm, get strong. Thinking about how that's actually done.

      Delete
  2. The mobile unit is interesting. Our imaging like that is done at the hospital and half hour away. There are various little hospitals in our area, and they all seem to do something different. The odd thing is that ours seems to do the least, largely for historical reasons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that...and curious what history does to make your hospital do fewer options for you.

      Delete
  3. I feel so badly for you! Our pharmacist prescribed me Ventolin. That has helped. They've expanded the scope of practice for them. I didn't even have to see him, after talking to him on the phone. I'm sure he didn't want me in there! All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Second day of waking up with pain in right lung, just when coughing. Last night I finally had to cough for a few minutes, and strangely enough the pain finally was gone. Mmm...I'm such a strange bird. Glad to hear you got something for COVID. And you just talked to medical person.

      Delete
  4. Did they have you take a Covid test? It is going around again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that interesting...no test. I got a breathing treatment, after she listened to my lungs and said they didn't sound good. But that was Tues. and nobody has thought my bronchiectasis outbreak is Covid.

      Delete
  5. Hello,
    I am sorry you are not feeling better, I hope you can get the medicine you need to recover. The mobile unit is interesting, I have never seen one. It seems your doctor is off for a long time, can the students really help? Take care, sending healing prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lingering virus could be part of the problem- the medical profession these days is owned by insurance companies and told what is acceptable and what is not according to the dollar. It is not health care by any stretch. When my husband goes to the doctor he is armed with reams of factual information gathered from medical sources, He does not let them off the hook, quizzing them...as a consequence he is OFF of all medication which was contributing to his ailments. Because of his own medical background he knows how this works...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's a great story about your husband taking control of his own life. I don't have the knowledge to do that. Friends always are telling me what plants are good for breathing, but the best I can do is buy a tea that really is helping. I agree that insurance companies are running the medical professions now. It's sad.

      Delete
  7. How frustrating for you. Good call to stay home today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. I had to get some groceries and stopped at the studio for about 1/2 hour. Completed all my tasks that were outstanding there. Now I'm waiting for it to cool off a bit to bring in the groceries...but, I wonder if the bananas are cooking in the car!

      Delete
  8. Medical care can be frustrating. I think many health professionals quit during Covid, especially the baby boomers who were getting close to retirement age. Why should they keep working when it was risky?

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.