Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk July 24, 2024

Tuesday, July 16, 2024

By the lake

 

Lake Tomahawk may make it a bit cooler, but it was still in the mid 80s at noon yesterday, and thankfully cloudy so we weren't blasted by the sun.

These Queen Ann's Lace now exist where a lovely lavender plant once lived. 

-----------------

My coughing continues to knock me out, so I've tried calling everyone today (frustrating phone machine that just circles back to the beginning message at the pulmonologists!) Nurse at my primary doctor said if I have trouble breathing, seriously, go to ER. So far sitting upright works so much better than lying down, but eventually I'm tired, and have to lie down. Anyway I will see a Nurse Practitioner tomorrow.

--------------

Sharing with Garden Bloggers Bloom Day (yesterday)


Today's quote:

You are the sky. Everything else -- it's just the weather. 

-Pema Chodron, Buddhist nun and author (b. 14 Jul 1936)


9 comments:

  1. Coughing is the new breathing, it would seem! I join you , coughing is so exhausting! I hope that you can get some real answers from the nurse...X-ray- blood work- Whatever they are capable of doing- I think that one must be insistent to get anything thoroughly checked these days. Go in prepared to talk and insist and be a squeaky wheel. Advocate for yourself. I know that insurance companies dictate what can or can not be part of one's health matters when dealing with the med profession. They get a way with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. You are right, I must be my own advocate.

      Delete
  2. Hello,
    I hope you get some help, maybe a chest x-ray? Pretty flowers! Take care, I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...phone system can be horrible! Take care and be well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure didn't enjoy trying to get through to a person over there.

      Delete
  4. Do you have a recliner so you can be half and half. It works pretty well for many.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This weather certainly doesn't make breathing any easier. I hope you get some relief soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the muggy heat is difficult for me too. I just came home from Dr. with new things to do.

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.