Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Tanbark Ridge overlook, elevation 3175 feet, Blue Ridge Parkway, North Carolina. The road seen in upper left is the parkway as it continues northeast. Can you see the little houses, including my favorite, the red roofed one?

Saturday, March 18, 2023

A happy couple

 Sepia Saturday this week shares a lovely photo from days of yore. My photos don't come close this week


Please forgive my not having anything worthy to post this week.

My dear daughter-in-law on right, with an unknown friend (they both have on aprons, so probably another vendor at an event.)

My son R. and wife M. in December visit to Florida - remember 2022 chill at Christmas? 

At least I have a couple of happy couples!!
And a cute kitten.

I hope everyone has a happy Saturday!

Today's quote:

The thing that makes you exceptional, if you are at all, is inevitably that which must also make you lonely. -Lorraine Hansberry, playwright and painter (19 May 1930-1965)

17 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Love seeing all these happy faces! Great photos! Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bit simple for my usual Saturday post! Thanks for comment.

      Delete
  2. Sweet photos! Wishing you a happy Saturday too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sunny and cold...a good day to go to an indoor benefit concert!

      Delete
  3. I think you had fine photos to match the prompt! Everyone was happy - including the kitten or so it seems. Good job! And I love the painted fence in your introductory photo. I used to do things like that - paint fences & posts. Not quite as fancily, but with various designs. I should maybe think about doing something like that on our backyard fence? I remember my husband's aunt whose kitchen window faced a blank fence only a few feet away. She didn't paint it, but she found some wonderful posters of scenes in Paris incased in something to protect them from the weather & hung them on the fence. Made a big difference in her kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fences may make good neighbors, but a pretty one certainly improves the view!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Well, you're reduced to emojies. I'm on a computer which doesn't have them. So you're safe from any retaliation.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I can't tell if it's photoshopped but it certainly caught my eye, and gave me a smile too.

      Delete
  6. Love the kitten - how could you not but smile at its cute look - along with your other smiley photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You don't always need a lot of photos to convey the thought and your photos do look happy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That anonymous above is me. So hard to remember do I need to sign in or do I not?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your photos are a great match. Two smiling couples and a kitten to make everyone smile. Considering the unusually cold temperatures, we all need a reason to smile. Let's hope spring returns to our mountains real soon.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.