Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Tanbark Ridge overlook, elevation 3175 feet, Blue Ridge Parkway, North Carolina. The road seen in upper left is the parkway as it continues northeast. Can you see the little houses, including my favorite, the red roofed one?

Sunday, March 5, 2023

A new restaurant

 A new place to eat, and my friend Helen pushed me to go there after my eye appontment earlier in the day.



Pure and Proper is in the old Pure Oil Station across from Town Square's park.




Lots of touches from the original building, including the garage doors overhead.


We didn't sit on the fake fur, but on stools like these...around the corner. Inside a wall nook!

The top edge of our nook...looking toward the bar.


Then I had to look up. It offers no explanation!


Down the sloping drive outside, we could see the two tables in a southern facing patio. Remember those stairs in the first lobby...they certainly have been added for the restaurant.

Food, I had squash and coconut soup, and a Belgium waffle. Helen had a Greek waffle open faced sandwich and hot tea.

It's a breakfast only till 11, then no more. I think I want to try some of the breakfast with waffle dishes sometime. Look on line to see their dinner menu.


Boo! THis is the great big eyes-dialated-Barbara! Waiting for eye dr. to tell her how her cataracts will be removed.





16 comments:

  1. It looks on the fancy side without being fancy dancy. At one time it would have been strange to see the cashier in a baseball hat and tee, but it seems normal now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were treated very well by the staff, even when we dropped a glass on the concrete floor. Ouch!

      Delete
  2. ...look like a welcoming place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does feel welcoming. We saw several people we knew, but weren't sure "where from." A small town does that on an off day (Tues I think) and off-tourist-season.

      Delete
  3. That newly converted restaurant looks lovely. They did a great job. I will probably have cataract surgery in the future, if I work up the courage to get it done. I'm looking forward to reading about your experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, you know me. I talk about everything (almost)!

      Delete
  4. Someone had fun redesigning that gas station!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They did a wonderful job converting the gas station in to a restaurant. I like the design and look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really well done. People were eating outside today when I drove by...mid 60s in the shade, not my idea of comfort.

      Delete
  6. I love it! Stone and wood, best ever. And the menu sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's definitely what makes it so lovely and charming.

      Delete
  7. What a well-done repurposing of the old building!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have our Thai restaurant that's on the other end of the main strip of downtown shops, also in a repurposed old filling station. This one tried to out-do them, but I think they are about equal in most areas.

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.