Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Tanbark Ridge overlook, elevation 3175 feet, Blue Ridge Parkway, North Carolina. The road seen in upper left is the parkway as it continues northeast. Can you see the little houses, including my favorite, the red roofed one?

Friday, March 10, 2023

My lakeside dining room

 

A soft warm evening breeze, with soft colors in the sky over Lake Tomahawk.

As I parked, rolled down my window to take these shots, I noticed a man sitting in the van over 2 spaces from myself.

Dusk arrived before me. Some dog walkers and runners, and a few family walkers were still out.

Then the man got out of his van and had his phone and keys in each hand, standing at my window but at a distance. "Nice night," or something like that he said. "Having your dinner?"

I had just had a first bite of my sandwich, I answered, "welcome to my dining room."

He had nothing more to say. Nor did I, chewing.

Then he noticed a woman with a dog walking behind my car...so he went over to pet the dog, and talked to the woman

We are all sometimes alone, sometimes lonely. I wasn't exactly worried about him. But I had my radio blasting, so closed the window just not to anoy the neighbors.

He drove off after the woman with dog left.

And I'll show you what happened next in the next week...after Sepia Saturday tomorrow!


Today's Quote:

Think always of the universe as one living creature, made of one substance and one soul: how all is absorbed into this one consciousness; how a single impulse governs all its actions; how all things collaborate in all that happens; the very web and mesh of it all.

—Marcus Aurelius
April 26, 121 — March 17, 180, Rome
Meditations 4:40






10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh that's so funny...I don't think of them as hippies, but I guess they are similar to those who would give a flower to people on a street corner.

      Delete
  2. As you know, we sometimes do coffee by the water, in our case a river. Sometimes, often really, there is something with the coffee. It could be a muffin; it could be lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nice spot to have your dinner sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was. I don't go over there to just sit and people/dog watch that often, but it is fun. Soon I'll be out walking around too, I hope.

      Delete
  4. I love your new header photo. It's great and so full of LOVE! Beautiful views there. The sunset and reflection in the lake is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just happened to drive by at the right moment to catch that shot of my friends and their outpouring of LOVE. Hope your weather is reasonable these days.

      Delete
    2. Today (Friday) has been a beautiful warm, sunny, blue sky day. We loved it and got to take a nice long walk. The rain returns tomorrow. Thank you for your hopeful good wish.

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.