Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Tanbark Ridge overlook, elevation 3175 feet, Blue Ridge Parkway, North Carolina. The road seen in upper left is the parkway as it continues northeast. Can you see the little houses, including my favorite, the red roofed one?

Thursday, March 23, 2023

Fighting the bug

 Well, not the virus which everyone has had, or avoided having for the last 3 years...the one that I caught has made my life miserable.

On top of a cough that usually is bothersome mostly in the evenings, I've begun coughing all day long. That's tiresome in itself. 


But fevers of 100, or 101 aren't so great. I feel really washed out, and take Tylenol or Ibuprophen, and then can function.

BUT it's like walking around feeling like I'm only halfway there. I have to watch each step.  Yep, a bit of virtigo that is no fun if I have to bend forward. I feel like I might keep bending down forever.

OK, you have no idea what fun this is not. So I'll just say after a friend thoughtfully drove me around to doctor and X-Ray imaging of my lungs, it was determined that I definitely have pneumonia. So tomorrow I have some new antibiotic to start. It was too late to get it filled this afternoon.

But I was well enough to eat a take-out of Baja Shrimp Taco and beans and rice from Ole's Guacamole. My friend was glad I didn't want the little bag of chips which were freshly cooked but somehow not to my taste these days....a paltry payment for all that time and energy she spent for me.

But she reminded me of Ram Dass' saying "We're all just walking each other home."


13 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon, I hope you recover quickly from the pneumonia. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I always look forward to your cheerful comments.

      Delete
  2. ...take care and get better soon. We saw Ram Dass a number of time in Maui before his death.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw him speak in Atlanta once. I've read several of his books. A good man.

      Delete
  3. Well, that’s too bad. Glad you had some acceptable eats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The soup just arrived, and is made from bone broth. How can I not get well after that!

      Delete
  4. I am so sorry that you have pneumonia. I hope you recover quickly. Please take care there, Barbara... and yes, we are all just walking each other home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice to hear from you...as well as my other commenters. I miss reading some of the blogs though. Now that I'm more or less homebound, I'll start reading the lists on other blogger's posts! I'm that hungry for real people. My various TV streams are still "someone done somebody wrong, but the good guy will win in the end."

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. You're telling me. I am walking much slower, after getting out of breath crossing the living room.

      Delete
  6. Oh, no. I know this isn't the first time for you. Take care of yourself and take time to heal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, at least they caught it before I was in big trouble, so hope to stay out of hospital.

      Delete
  7. So glad you have a support system. May the warmerweather banish the pneumonia.for good.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.