Black Mountain

A grey spring day at Lake Tomahawk, Mar 22, 2024

Thursday, March 16, 2023

Remembering March 16, 2016

 




Yes, this is the Moose Cafe' in West Asheville. It is known for having authentic "Southern Cuisine." They also are the kitchen which prepares the meals which are served daily M-F for seniors in Black Mountain at the Lakeview Center (at suggested cost of $1.50)





I didn't know what the "southern cuisine" meant, but two friends said, "Let's go" and we tried out a lunchtime menu. My friend loved her meatloaf, corn bread, baked apples, and I don't know what the other dish might be.


Our waitress made sure we knew about the Bull Moose, which was hanging over our heads. Look at earlier photos above.



I am so glad I put the date on this series of photos...so I know when they were taken! Pat, myself, and Cathy were smiling away, with very full tummies.

Today's quote:

War, at first, is the hope that one will be better off; next, the expectation that the other fellow will be worse off; then, the satisfaction that he isn't any better off; and, finally, the surprise at everyone's being worse off. 
-Karl Kraus, writer (1874-1936)





12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's fun to run into old photos that are in files within files within files within...you know.

      Delete
  2. ...I went to the University of Georgia in the '60 and have now interest in returning, but I miss the food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Athens Georgia is definitely in the south...and I've never been there in all my travels. Some southern food is wonderful.

      Delete
  3. Hello,
    The food looks yummy. I love the moose. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun to have a moose theme. There's a store here in Black Mountain named Moose. I don't think they're connected.

      Delete
  4. A lovely cafe and sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was nice to remember our times together.

      Delete
  5. Love the painted fence in your header1

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to reread the plaque about the moose because I couldn't believe it could be from NC. Nope, from Canada. Is the restaurant still there?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great, looking smiles! The moose is fun.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.